Intitulé du poste: PORT CAPTAIN M/F
Ville (CP): Kamsar
Descriptif de l’annonce:
Diveintar Marine is recruiting for our client, a french shipping company, a Port Captain M/F.
The PORT CAPTAIN is assisting the PORT MANAGER and OPERATION AND PERFORMANCE MANAGER to support the operation of the port facilities and vessels.
The PORT CAPTAIN proactively assures an efficient, safe and cost-conscious execution of all related tasks and compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
The PORT CAPTAIN follows the company’s processes and standards.
The PORT CAPTAIN’s role is to:
– Supervise and develop his/her team
– Assess Masters and Officers performances on a regular basis, along with Crew department
– Interview candidates for Masters and Officers roles, along with Crew department
– Ensures compliance of activities in port with applicable standards (Company and Client), regulations (incl. IMO IMSBC, BLU Code, UAE and GCC port regulations) and industry’s best practices
– Ensure the port complies with provisions of ISPS Code (assistance to the Port Facility Security Officer)
– Liaise with Masters and Clients to prepare/evaluate/approve berthing and unloading plans and follow-up the operational planning of the port facilities
– Keep records and compiling statistics on arrivals and departures of all vessels
– Monitor operations and verify reports/complaints relating to port work on cargo operations
– Consult with and assist the Operations and Performance Manager in the day to day running
– Review and maintain Operating Procedures and Standing Instructions in compliance with applicable regulations (eg IMO IMSBC Code and BLU Code) and ensure they are complied with throughout operations.
Port management, access and ISPS
– Liaise with Masters, POAC, agents, Clients and service providers on matters relating to traffic management and control
– Evaluate and process requests and notifications relating to shipping movements of all vessels, including arrival, shifting and departure notifications and related port formalities
– Coordinate the movements of all vessels involved in the transshipment activities: pilotage, arrival, berthing, shifting, hose connection, gangway, loading/unloading, departure
– Prepare and coordinate allocation of berths and moorings, hoses connections, gangway, etc.
– Issue various permits pertaining to the port activities including hull inspections, paint permits, hull cleaning, hot works on board vessels, discharge/ transshipment/loading if and when applicable
– Manage Linesmen and other parties involved in berthing activities
– Manage Gantry crane operators in charge of unloading in port
– Pilot vessels in and out of the port when required
– Pilot to the anchorage when required
– Identify, report and manage rogue or intruding vessels
– Prohibit oversize or unwieldy vessels from entering the port
– Close the port to certain ships / Order removal of vessels from the port in expected severe weather conditions.
– Attend the port during wind alerts, particularly outside normal working hours
– Peruse the UAE weekly Notices to Mariners, passing on information Masters as appropriate
– Co-ordinate and communicate with local Authorities, service providers and other stakeholders in the event of emergency situations such as distress, search and rescue, marine pollution, grounding collision and other special circumstances
– Review, develop, endorse and implement of all emergency response plans related to the company’s port activities including
Seaborne rescue, (e.g. Facility abandonment, vessel emergencies; man overboard;
Seaborne fire-fighting support, (e.g. facilities, vessels, etc.).
Environmental emergencies, (e.g. hydrocarbon releases to the sea).
– Act as Emergency Response Coordinator of the Company
– Check navigation lights and beacons, notify the local Authorities of any changes
– Assist in surveying underwater damage to the wharf structure and keeping records of repairs
– Alert the PORT MANAGER of any equipment not operating as per specification or damaged
– Alerts the PORT MANAGER, OPERATION AND PERFORMANCE MANAGER and DPA of any significant incidents in the fleet with a potential impact on the safety of the personnel/vessel/equipment or Operational performance or Costs
– Report all cases of non-compliance and issue non-conformance breaches to relevant parties
– Actively promotes the achievements of the company as relevant.
Any other activity as necessary for the good performance of the company.
The PORT CAPTAIN will be involved in an on-call system for emergencies management.
The PORT CAPTAIN’s interfaces in his/her activities are as follows:
– PORT MANAGER
– OPERATION AND PERFORMANCE MANAGER
– QHSE DEPARTMENT
– TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT
– RADIO OFFICERS
– SITE PERSONNELS operating the vessels managed by the company
– OFFICERS of vessels
The PORT CAPTAIN reports to the PORT MANAGER.
4) Deputy on duty
PORT/OPERATIONS OFFICER and/or PORT MANAGER and/or OPERATION AND PERFORMANCE MANAGER
5) QHSE Management System
The PORT CAPTAIN supports and ensures compliance with policies defined in the QHSE MS and
proposes improvements to this system.
Port and vessels operation experience
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
The PORT CAPTAIN may hold Company Security Officer and Port Facility Security Officer certificates.
Job Offer Pre-requisite
Education and experience:
– Qualified in Shipping, Port Management or related disciplines
– Possession of a Pilot License will be a plus
– Certified Port Facility Security Officer will be a plus
Technical and professional skills are essential in addition to:
– English skills both oral and written
– French added advantage
– Advanced computer skills on MS Office and/or accounting software
– Knowledge of maritime regulations and terminology
– Working knowledge of ISPS, IMSBC and BLU codes, MARPOL Convention and UAE/GCC port
– Familiarity with marine radio communication procedures.
– Familiarity with all marine emergency response procedures.
– Good Understanding in the ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 and ISM certification process.
– Ability to work under pressure and prioritize
A special attention will also be given to flexibility, multi-skilling and soft skills such as:
– teamwork with multi-cultural teams
– self-motivation, autonomy
– problem solving
– professional rigor
Permanent contract, BtoB, based between Guinea and United Arab Emirates.
Salary to be negotiated.